From: Paul Hamilton (paul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-09 10:48:11

I have copied REGEX and other boost libs and defined my "DECL" macros
to place before external synbols like so:

====================

#if defined(_MSVC) && defined(_DLL)
# define PERSIST_HAS_DLL_RUNTIME
#endif

#if defined(PERSIST_HAS_DLL_RUNTIME)
# if defined(PERSIST_IN_LIBRARY_SOURCE)
# define PERSIST_DECL __declspec(dllexport)
# define PERSIST_BUILD_DLL
# else
# define PERSIST_DECL __declspec(dllimport)
# endif
#endif

#ifndef PERSIST_DECL
# define PERSIST_DECL
#endif
====================

My problem is that I am building on gcc on windows (which ALSO needs
_declspecs), so how do I do this:

#if defined(_MSVC) && defined(_DLL)
# define PERSIST_HAS_DLL_RUNTIME
#endif

In the correct "boost-like" way so that it will correctly detect GCC on
windows, and building a DLL?

Paul.

Paul Hamilton
pHamtec P/L - Software Makers