From: Alexander Bertram (alexander.bertram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-09 20:19:18

Hi All,

I'm trying to use the dijkstra's shortest path algorithm in the context
of a very large graph. I want to know if the shortest path from v to u
is less than a particular distance. Because there are a great number of
edges, I'd prefer that the algorithm exit once it is determined that
there exists a path less than x, if even there exists a *shorter* path
than x buried somewhere within the graph. Right now my visitor throws an
exception which the call catches and ignores, but this doesn't seem very
clean. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Alexander