From: Alexander Bertram (alexander.bertram_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-14 18:37:46

> didn't read the whole of N1296.
> http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2001/n1296.asc

Interesting topic. I'm trying to follow the topics on the list, but
there were two things in the report I couldn't parse and was wondering
if someone could point me in the direction of some general info: 1)
importance of providing a "fast, non-throwing" swap for our classes and
2) the "Handle/Body" idiom. I've quoted them below:

> Moreover, we have all been educated on the
> importance of providing a "fast, non-throwing" swap for our classes
and that
> swap() is a central technique for building strongly exception-safe
types out of
> types which may provide only the basic guarantee.

> which is a textbook example of the "Handle/Body" idiom, used among
other things
> to achieve the strong exception guarantee in X's assignment operator

Thanks in advance!

Alexander