From: Joe Gottman (jgottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-15 20:17:15

   I just downloaded the latest version of optional.hpp from CVS. Would it
be possible to put the template functions equal_pointees and less_pointees
in a separate h file, something like boost/compare_pointees.hpp? I would
find both of these functions very useful when working with regular pointers
or smart pointers, and I don't want to have to include optional.hpp just to
get these functions.

   Also, would it be possible to create classes equal_pointees_t and
compare_pointees_t, so that these can be easily used in associative
containers?

Joe Gottman