From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-15 19:50:38

At 01:35 AM 9/10/2003, Paul Hamilton wrote:

>In building my stuff into windows DLL's, and getting all of the exports
>right, I find that other boost libraries have also not been setup
>correctly to be able to be used within a dll on windows.
>
>All of the filesystem/path code needs to have __declspec's added to the
>entry points so that it correctly imports when used externally, and
>exports when used from within it's own library (just like Regex does).
>
>I am happy to go ahead and do this work if nobody else has done it.

Hum... There is a BOOST_HAS_DECLSPEC macro. There are BOOST_PYTHON_DECL,
BOOST_SIGNALS_DECL, BOOST_REGEX_DECL, etc, macros, but not overall
BOOST_DECL macro. What gives? I would have thought we would have had such
an animal a long time ago. Or does every dll need its own?

Anyhow, if you want to propose a solution for the Filesystem library, it
would be appreciated both by me and by users too I'm sure.

Thanks,

--Beman