From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-16 14:46:29

[2003-09-16] Samuel Krempp wrote:

>le Monday 15 September 2003 17:37, dave_at_[hidden] Ècrivit :
>> Nice. My biggest complaint with the current format is that when
>> you're deep in the list looking at a particular test's results, it's
>> hard to see what compiler you're looking at. Why not embed fly-over
>> hints which show the compiler (at least on popular browsers)?
>> Another possibility is repeating the compiler legend at intervals,
>> though that might become oppressive.
>
>When you hover your mouse on Fail or Warn links, you can see the compiler
at
>the end of the URL. It means you have to look at the bottom of your browser
>though (I think that's where the mouse-pointed link's URL is displayed, on
>every browser)
>so there might be room for improvements, but it's already possible to know
>which compiler you're looking at.
>(I like the current state better than repeated compiler legends, for
>exemple..)

Yes but it is hard to read the short toolset name, as it doesn't directly
map to the text one sees in the page. Also it does nothing for the Pass
fields.

Anyway, I've added the needed HTML to have both the popup help hints for all
cells. And for browsers that don't support that, but do support Javascript,
I also added setting the status to the compiler. So it will also show the
info at the bottom.

The new example is at the same place:

    http://boost.sourceforge.net/tmp/cs-Linux.html

Enjoy.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq