From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-16 18:06:10

> If we're going to include a URL we had *really* better have a stable
> license, no?

Not if the URL contains the version number.

As this is just going to be a block that authors will copy and paste I think
more information is better. E.g.

// foo library header

// Copyright Jane Programmer, 2003.
// See Boost Software License Version 1.0 for terms and
// conditions of use (http://www.boost.org/license.1.0.html)

// See http://www.boost.org/libs/foo/ for documentation.

On a related subject, I always find it useful to be told a license is either
GPL, BSD-like, or if neither of those then be told the differences from one
of those in short, simple terms. I expect most programmers understand those
two, and most programmers hate to read licenses.

Darren