From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-19 15:13:52

Jeff Flinn wrote:

>> >I've been able to build the library in release mode successfully as well.
>>
>> Does this include running all the tests?

>No, just the Library itself. I'm new to using bjam, so I'll need to study up
>on modifying the jamfile/command line arguments to run the full test suite
>for release build. Any hints?

Does this mean you were able to run the whole test suite in default(debug)
mode?

I'm believe that one can do this from the bjam command line and I'm sure
its easy, AFTER you search around the docmentation. I like the the bjam
system its really indispensable for something tlike this this BUT its
torture trying to find out how to use it. It seems that everything
one needs to know is spread all over my system and the web as well.

>> The bjam tools for VC release build don't seem to include the /Gy switch
>> (enable function level linking). This is important to me for making
keeping
>> executables small. Unfortunately I've had problems in the past where this
>> through away "too much" code resulting in runtime problems.

>Runtime or Linktime?

my experience was the everything built and linked but crashed on run. A small
change, but a bitch to find.

>The binary archive stores w/out complaint, but when loading the binary
>archive: ...

I believe there are errors in basic_binary_(i/o)archive.hpp . I will correct this
an test for inclusion in draft # 13.

Robert Ramey