From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-20 07:42:41

> I have a problem when using regex v4 from cvs. I'm porting my code from v3
to v4 version,
> and I have encountered a problem when using regex_search.
>
> One of the test cases I need to compile is trying to do something like
this:

> vector<int> vec;
> regex rx("whatever");
> match_results m;
>
> regex_search( vec.begin(), vec.end(), m, rx, match_default );
>

> My code is somewhat more complicated, but it is only forward to this call.
> The problem occurs only when trying to search in the container with a
different char_type then the one
> in the regex. In version v3 it worked fine, I have only changed
match_flags type from unsigned int to match_flag_type.
> Has something changed since then?

Yes, the matching code has been completely re-written - I can fix this - but
remember that your int's will get truncated to char's during matching.

Fixes coming to cvs soon, once I've done some more testing, and reduced the
amount of truncation that's going on....

John.