From: carlos pizano (carlospizano_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-21 18:14:38

> It's probably a good idea to post in the Microsoft newsgroups
> for specific compiler issues.

But is not a MS compiler issue. It works as advertised if you follow
their recommendation: use /EHa. The boost implementation of
execution_monitor is what I want to improve.

> FWIW, when David pointed me to his article (thanks again David)
> I came to same the same conclusion myself (that is, that /EHa
> is _not_ required for this technique).

a) What article?

b) Why is not required? According to David under /EHs the compiler is
free to optimize away exception frames if it does not see code that can
throw, now if eventually *the technique* generates a C++ throw who knows
what could happen?

I would be nice if somebody cares to explain in some detail why the
technique works fine as is.

CPU.