From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-22 12:24:14

At 09:55 PM 9/21/2003, Philippe A. Bouchard wrote:

> Maybe the license would be clearer this way:

I think we are past the point of wording changes for clarity. Every wording
change causes a several weeks delay while we contact the lawyers and
discuss the ramifications. After every change, we then have to wait a
further length of time to see if any Boosters come up with serious
problems.

So unless someone comes up with a killer problem, I think we need to go
with the license as it currently appears in CVS. That wording has been
stable for a month or more, and I think most of the people who have
commented have been positive. I know the sentences are longer than any of
my English teachers would have approved of, but several attempts to clarify
the wording have floundered.

--Beman