From: Martin Bosticky (mbosticky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-24 06:49:18

Hi

I have a question about implementation of shared_ptr when used to store
classes with inheritance.

I have a shared pointer to an abstract class and would like to convert
it to a pointer to the derived class. Is there a way to do this already?

If not, I would be interested in any ideas of an implementation that
would do this.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Martin Bosticky
AIM

This email message contains confidential information and is intended for the use of its intended recipient only. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is strictly prohibited.

If this communication has been sent to you in error, please notify us immediately.

Action Information Management Ltd.
129 Devizes Road, Hilperton, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 7SZ.
Tel: +44 (0) 1225 711200
Fax: +44 (0) 1225 711222
Website www.aimltd.co.uk
email: support_at_[hidden]