From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-25 04:10:06

> The execution_monitor and family seem a useful facility. I can see three
> phases where it can be useful:
>
> 1- Development
> 2- Testing
> 3- Release (field deployment)

Ok. Let slow down a little a return to the basics, cause I may be missing
some important points. Could we answer following questions in regards to 3
scenarios (under development I mean debugger,while testing is standalone
test run) above (3 separate answers on all questions but first):

1. Does SEH is an async exception?
2. Does SEH always signal nonrecoverable error?
3. What is wrong in catching? At least with the purpose of reporting and
invoking usual shutdown mechanisms
4. How the technique described in Dave A. article helps to resolve a problem
discussed in items 3?
5. What would be an ideal behavior?

I have my answers on some of these questions. But let's hear what you think.

Gennadiy.