From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-29 10:49:45

>I was just going to write something like

>vector<My_class> v;
>for (....) {
> stringstream ss(....);
> boost::serialization::text_iarchive ia(ss);
> ia >> v;
>}

>Unfortunately, docs do not say what happens in this case. One alternative is
>that vector is cleared before every load. Another one is that it's not. The
>code seems to clear vector.... wouldn't it be good to say that in
>documentation?

The general priniciple is that a deserialized object will be restored to the state it
had when originally serialized. Hence, collections are cleared before
reloading.

I'll tweak the documentation to better make this point.

BTW - what platform are you running on? Have you been able to
compile, link, and run all the tests?

Robert