From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-29 12:49:14

[...]

> Yes, I had the same experience. I looked, and decided taking the
> time to explain in detail the ways in which the documentation was
> inadequate was just going to be too frustrating. Sorry,

My apologies for the documentation. I didn't cover some areas like missing
placement operators, etc. because the solutions are based on theoretical
extensions: page mapping for heap allocations from which you can quickly
detect the type of the pointee object (placement new used, global allocator,
garbage collected object, etc.). This would put an end to allocations
failures (seg faults).

I am going to rewrite the documentation, but the main idea was at least
mentionned ;)

Philippe