From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-09-29 13:43:29

"Philippe A. Bouchard" <philippe_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>
> [...]
>
>> Yes, I had the same experience. I looked, and decided taking the
>> time to explain in detail the ways in which the documentation was
>> inadequate was just going to be too frustrating. Sorry,
>
> My apologies for the documentation. I didn't cover some areas like missing
> placement operators, etc. because the solutions are based on theoretical
> extensions: page mapping for heap allocations from which you can quickly
> detect the type of the pointee object (placement new used, global allocator,
> garbage collected object, etc.). This would put an end to allocations
> failures (seg faults).
>
> I am going to rewrite the documentation, but the main idea was at least
> mentionned ;)

Please try to follow the Boost documentation convention of providing
a narrative introduction, examples, an interface synopsis,
requirements, etc. See the mem_fn library docs for a good example.
I don't think Doxygen will do anything like that unless you really
push it ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting