From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-01 11:07:54

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> Guillaume Melquiond <gmelquio_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > Let's say you have a file <boost>/libs/mylib/example.cpp and a document
> > that has an hyperlink to this file. The documentation would not work
> > anymore on the website since this file doesn't exist (only the
> > documentation is on the website). However, thanks to the rewriting, the
> > server will send the cvs file which does exist.
>
> Well, this is a nice idea, but the CVS link points at the HEAD. I
> guess if we had it point at the right revision (Version_1_31_0 or
> whatever) we could make it work. If I understand the rule correctly,
> it saves some space in the web area by re-routing file references to
> the CVS, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble.

We could use this to our advantage, so that we can provide documentation
both for the current release and documentation from CVS. We seem to have
many users that keep up-to-date with what's happening in CVS, why not help
them out a bit? If nothing else, the move to SourceForge will make it much
easier for me to automate builds of BoostBook documentation.

        Doug