From: Rozental, Gennadiy (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-01 15:24:50

> Do you want me to continue documenting shifted_ptr as it is?
> Do you think the framework will be able to share different
> allocations between different pointers? Theoretically
> speaking I wouldn't know how to pass on an object allocated
> with make_share_ptr<>() to a shifted_ptr<> as it is. There
> shall be overhead somewhere.
>
> I am not yet familiar with every details, my apologies if I
> am missing something.

I did not go into detail of your library implementation. But I believe that
any problem that you are trying to solve within terms of standalone library,
you as well be able to resolve in terms of the framework (if not even easier
- one of the advantages of the framework is a mind discipline and structure
support - it's easier to find a proper place for specific custom logic)

Gennadiy.