From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-02 08:41:31

"David B. Held" <dheld_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> [...]
>> "The framework" is mere vapor as of today. There's been some
>> work on it, but it would be crazy to hold up your own work waiting
>> for it.
>
> I wouldn't call it "mere vapor".

Well, it's easy for you to say; you're working on it! Is the code
available publically somewhere?

> Rather, I'd call it "a challenge to port". So far, gcc 3.3 is the
> only compiler that passes all the tests.

Last I'd heard there were still-unsolved exception-safety issues in
all versions. Is that fixed now? That would be great.

> If I could get it compile on at least two other compilers, I
> would submit it for review. But it doesn't seem that a library that
> only works on one compiler meets the usual goals of Boost. Feel
> free to correct me if I'm wrong. Of course, I don't have that many
> compilers to try, either. Maybe if I had access to some better
> compilers, I would get farther.

Why don't you make the code and tests available for people to look
at? We have a lot of porting expertise here at Boost...

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting