From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-02 10:27:41

"Stefan Slapeta" <stefan_at_[hidden]> writes:

> "John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> As Dave has already said, there is no way for us to detect which compiler
>> options the Intel compiler is using, and therefore what options it supports.
>
> What exactly is wrong with
>
> #if (defined(_MSC_VER) && _MSV_VER <= 1200) || BOOST_INTEL_CXX_VERSION < 700
> #define BOOST_NO_INTRINSIC_WCHAR_T
> #endif
>
> (like it was before) in intel.hpp??

I'm not sure, but I'm unwilling to believe that it works until it has
been tested with all combinations of intel compilers, MS compiler
compatibility, dinkumware libs, and command-line/IDE integration.
There were real reasons that the config has evolved to the point
where it is today.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting