From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-04 16:07:32

Edward Diener <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The getter, setter property technique is much more general than what I
> suggested with my query about implementing ranges and/or specific

> At the type level, one might perhaps be able to specify the ranges
> and/or values with some sort of typelist of non-type template
> parameters. At the variable level, one might be able to do it in the

I think that right solution would involve list of non-type template
parameters, which would allow static control of ranges at type level.
There is place for runtime range control, though:
* as a tool which can be used in implementation of user defined
operators (especially - + *) and conversions
* as a specific implementation of getter/setter interface

I also think that more general getter/setter (possibly allowing
callbacks to "target" class) would fit in this picture.

B.