From: Dave Harris (brangdon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-07 16:10:58

ghost_at_[hidden] (Vladimir Prus) wrote (abridged):
> One question remains: can 'load_construct' be used to create object in
> raw memory, especially if the object was not saved via pointer? Looks
> like not, since 'load/save' should not be called directly. Then, stl
> serialization still need extra access rights.

My intention was yes. Load_construct can be used to create an object in
raw memory provided that the object was saved with save_construct. Saving
via a pointer is one place save_construct would be used. STL serialisation
would be another.

I think I miswrote the implementation of load_construct - it should have
used operator>>() instead of the direct call to load.

-- Dave Harris, Nottingham, UK