From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-07 17:40:08

In our last exciting episode David Abrahams wrote:

> Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> > Only the sandbox version carries a boost compatible license. This is
> > to avoid the repackaging effort. The final version will carry the boost
> > license as the files in the sandbox do. So the license is a non-issue as
> > far as this review goes.
> > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Well, not quite.

> > // Copyright 2003 © The Trustees of Indiana University. All rights reserved.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This part is incompatible with the Boost license requirements.

Is it? I can't find anything in the Boost license guide. Is there
an exact definition for the copyright somewhere?

Looking at other licenses, e.g., the BSD template:

http://opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php

Their license template starts:

Copyright (c) <YEAR>, <OWNER>
 All rights reserved.

As far as I understand, "All rights reserved" is old lingo which may
be already implied by the "Copyright (c) <YEAR>, <OWNER>" part of the
copyright statement. Not a lawyer, so don't know for sure.

In any case, it's part of the copyright statement, not the license.

  Jaakko