From: Angus Leeming (angus.leeming_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-09 07:48:02

John Maddock wrote:

>> we find that we need something like this patch to compile LyX
>> on Mac OSX with gcc 2.95.
>
> Thanks.
>
>> I have two questions:
>> 1. Why is this patch needed on the Mac when other platforms do not.
>
> No idea, it shouldn't be needed.
>
>> 2. If it were incorporated back into boost, where would it go?
>> boost/regex/config.hpp?
>
> I guess, however the code has changed so much since the last
> release, that it's hard to tell what effect such a change might have
> - are you able to give the latest cvs code a test?

I can always try...

Hmmff! I tried to update my copy of the cvs tree and got this. Never
seen that before :-(

$ cvs login
Logging in to
:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:2401/cvsroot/boost
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect
(Connection refused)

Ahh well, I'll keep trying.

Incidentally, do you have any idea about what I'm doing wrong with
match_partial
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/4569

(Ok, I know that was sly ;-)

Regards,