From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-09 12:01:08

>--- John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > When I try to link my project against the
>> libraries,
>> > I notice two things:
>> >
>> > 1) the library creates the lib file
>> >
>> > boost_regex_vc6_md.lib
>> >
>> > but my project is looking for the file
>> >
>> > libboost_regex_vc6_md.lib
>> >

>> > 2) Once I rename the lib file, I get the following
>> > line errors
>>
>> And you should :-)
>>
>> You really do need to link against
>> libboost_regex_vc6_md.lib which is the
>> static lib for the multithreaded dynamic runtime.
>> Did you build using the
>> makefile? If not there is a bug in the current bjam
>> build system that
>> doesn't result in the correct lib names being
>> generated (I'm still waiting
>> for Rene to come back from holiday for a fix to that
>> one).

Well I'm back from vacation... I'm still trying to fix the other build
problem you reported (missing BOOST_ROOT include). As for this problem it
will have to wait a bit for an ideal solution, but there is an immediate
solution you can use. Just replace the "return $(properties) <tag>..." lines
in the boost-regex-stage-tag rules to "return $(properties) <*><*><tag>...".

Or if you feel you can manage the change, replace the use of
"boost-regex-stage-tag", with the new "common-stage-tag".

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq