From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-09 21:33:12

[2003-10-09] Edward Diener wrote:

>Firingme wrote:
>> My CVS Client is WinCVS,and the settting is :
>>
>> CVS Root:
>>
>> anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/
>>
>> When I check out "boost" module,I've recived the following err msg:
>>
>> *************************Err Msg*************************
>> cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real
>> password
>>
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
>> cvs.boost.sourceforge.net: M -!- Project map lookup failed ()
>> *************************Err Msg*************************
>>
>> some days ago , with the same setting I've accessed the cvs file
>> successfully,
>> is this the cvs's fault or mine ?
>
>Manually doing everything, try this for logging in to CVS Boost:
>
>cvs -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost login
>
>and this for checking out all of Boost:
>
>cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous_at_[hidden]:/cvsroot/boost co boost
>
>I have never gotten WinCVS to work automatically. I think it is just broken
>or incapable of doing it <g>. If you, or anybody really knows how to get
the
>beast to work automatically, feel free to tell me about it. In the meantime
>the manual method should work.

I've never had problems with getting WinCVS, or gCVS to work. It's much
easier to use for 90% of the things one does with CVS.

Perhaps this is a case of forgetting to do the Admin:Login... step?

Or maybe the current flackiness of SourceForge anoncvs, as they are in the
process of switching it back to the non-backup server, and other server
maintenance.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq