From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-10 16:34:27

Joel de Guzman <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The design perfectly fits my needs. I'm really glad that it followed the MPL
> convention enable_if and enable_if_c.
>
> I wonder if enable_if really should be part of MPL, or if MPL's
> if_, apply_if and its friends be bundled together with enable_if and its
> friends in a more suitable module of it's own.
>
> I've been using enable_if a lot and I find that it makes the life of a
> meta-programmer a lot easier. I'm very glad that Jaakko invented
> the creature. I vote to accept it.

BTW, if you are following the review, I'd like to mention that enable_if
made it very easy to implement the limited form of type deduction utility
mentioned in http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg52718.php
and http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg53389.php

For those who are interested, the utility is now in the boost-sandbox
for your perusal. It's placed in the boost/utility/ directory (type_deduction.hpp).
An extensive set of tests can be found in the libs/utility/ directory
(type_deduction_tests.cpp).

The code showcases the use of enable_if .

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com