From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-10 18:44:01

"Paul A. Bristow" <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> | I thought I'd open it up for suggestions. Thoughts, anyone?
>
> Impressive - but won't this delay enhancement of the C++ language to
> add some proper way of doing this?

I doubt it.

> Named parameters is hardly a novel concept.

So?

> Or have we accepted this C++ is already fossilised?

I don't think we have to conclude that C++ is fossilized just because
we discuss this library! That's a little bit extreme, don't you
think? Boost.Lambda, Phoenix, Bind, and FC++ have not prevented the
committee from discussing anonymous functions.

It's easier and much faster to write the little library than to
get a standards proposal passed... but if you want to try that, as
they say in Disneyland, be my guest!

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting