From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-14 15:56:52

"Brock Peabody" <brock.peabody_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> A non-expert real-life user testimonial: I had never written a single
> macro in my life (besides include guards) before I started using
> Boost.Preprocessor and I didn't have any trouble figuring out how to
> use it from the documentation. In fact, I was intimidated by macros
> until then but now I'm pretty comfortable with them.

Similar here, although I was only using a small enough subset to arrange
some conditional compilation macros for our diagnostic code.

When I mention that I had shunned macros until boost PP made them
approachable, the typical reaction is that Boost PP is an evil thing, in
daring to make macros usable at all!

My experience is that if you have a specific goal in mind, the existing doc
is at least adequate, often better.

If you are trying to explore the library for its own sake, you really need
a roadmap. The 'boost PP is evil' crowd are probably happier it is this
way round <g>

AlisdairM