From: Raoul Gough (RaoulGough_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-14 17:11:37

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Raoul Gough wrote:
>> I recently created a new directory in CVS (libs/python/src/indexing)
>> and added some files to it on a new branch called indexing_v2. For
>> some reason, cvs never seems to make the local copies of these files
>> read-only:
>> /d/CVS/boost/boost $ ls -l libs/python/src/indexing
>> total 8
>> drwxr-xr-x+ 2 Raoul None 4096 Oct 14 12:21 CVS
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 Raoul None 4407 Oct 8 16:49 python_iterator.cpp
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 Raoul None 2053 Oct 14 12:21 slice.cpp
>> Note the rwx permissions, even though I haven't done a cvs edit since
>> I last committed the files. This seems to be something inherent in
>> CVS, since fetching these files (even on a different platform) gives
>> the same results. Is there anyway to fix this?
>
> 1. Use the "cvs -r" option
>
> 2. Put "-r" on your cvs line in your .cvsrc:
>
> cvs -r <other options>
>
> 3. Set CVSREAD in your environment

Well, that did the trick (after first removing the writable working
copies). I'm still confused about this, because none of the working
copies of other files were ever writable, just the two I mentioned.
I've never used the -r option before, either. Seems weird to me, but
the problem is solved anyway. Thanks!

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)