From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-15 00:53:23
I'm pleased to announce that the next milestone release of Boost.Build V2 is
for online docs (a copy is included in distribution).
Changes in this release:
- A regression testing framework was implemented.
- New <implicit-dependency> feature was added for better handling
of dependencies to generated headers.
- The link-compatibility checks not longer cause projects to be skipped,
and issue warning, not error, for main targets.
- Algorithm for selecting main target alternative was improved.
- The <dependency> feature was renamed to <use>.
- Project root constants were made available in project root itself.
The following bugs were fixed:
- failure to recognize shared libraries with version as such
- the 'path-constant' rule was mishandling absolute paths on Windows.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk