From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-15 09:02:27

At 10:02 PM 10/11/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:

>Now that VC7.1 is here, isn't it about time that we break free from the
>chains (at least for new libraries in the horizon)?

The problem is broader than just VC++. There were several gcc-2.95.3
failures among the Linux regressions that Martin Wille reported recently.
Do we ask Boost developers to put in effort fixing those regressions?

I'd like to suggest that we only put effort into legacy compilers in
proportion to the willingness of users to send us patches and help with
resolving issues. Boost developers shouldn't be expected to support legacy
compilers unless users are willing to help out. But when users are willing
to help, Boost developers should try to respond if there are reasonable
workarounds.

--Beman