From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-15 18:09:42

Oops, this should read "it would _not_ matter"! By which I meant that I
though this library was totally ignorant of systems of measurement in
general.

[...]

> ok, the pseudo-code got a little out of hand. but i just dont understand
> the confusion here. there are of course a lot of problems like type
> promotion, fractional dimensions and so on but everyone who needs a
> different unit system can build it on top of either dimensions, physics
> or special units.

Your pseudo-code was interesting, and I agree - this library doesn't need to
answer all of these questions, but could serve as a foundation for others
that will. I was just thinking out loud about handling conversions between
different systems of measurement automatically.

Brock