From: Wynand Winterbach (wynand_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 05:00:48

A BGL question:
Does anyone know of an elegant way to solve the following problem?:

For an arbitrary graph, edge indices are computed, so that properties
may be quickly adjusted via something like std::vector.

Now, it's a real pain (and it reduces readability) to have to explicitly
use a construction like
  some_edge_property[ edge_index[ edge ] ]
instead of just
  some_edge_property[ edge ]

I'm writing something I call a "chaining property map", which takes
two property maps P1:T1->T2 and P2:T2->T3 and produces a new
"chained" map P3:T1->T3.

In other words, it's just a compose1 for property maps. However,
there must be a better (or at least existing) method of doing this?

--Wynand