From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 09:13:10

[...]

> i think its really impossible, because you can't know what conversions
> will be needed in a specific system. and if a user needs its own system
> (like the gasoline thing beman mentioned), he needs to rewrite nearly
> everything from scratch. the library can only provide some tools to
> define dimensions and conversions and so on in a shorter way.

Ys, and I think it would be fairly straightforward assuming SI as base and
some sort of compile time rational to specify conversion. Straightforward
for the user that is :)

  typedef rational<1,1> one;

  typedef measurement_system<rational<1000,1>,
                             one,
                             one,
                             one,
                             one,
                             one,
                             one,
                             one>::type my_units;

Where my_units would be the metric system except using kilograms instead of
grams.

Brock