From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-16 20:09:35

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 01:06 AM 10/16/2003, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> > We (Spirit developers) discussed this problem before. One solution,
> > which is not available to us right now, is to have a site where we
> > can test compilers, a boost-compiler-farm, if you will. The compiler
> > farm at SourceForge is not a solution because it targets only *nix
> > platforms. So, I am asking now, how is it possible to have a boost
> > compiler farm, for boost developers, that can target at least *nix
> > and windows compilers?
>
> We need a volunteer with an always on Internet connection and a
> bunch of Windows compilers.

Unfortunately, it might not be that simple. Most of the Windows compilers
are commercial products and as such they come with licences which often
put all kinds of limitations on non-personal use, time-sharing, and
product export.

So I would say the first step towards a Windows compiler farm would be to
determine which compilers we are interested in and check their licensing
terms (preferably with the help of lawyers) to see if the whole thing is
viable.

Aleksey