From: Jonathan de Halleux (dehalleux_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-17 05:13:51

Yes of course,

Here's another idea on the subject:

Suppose you have a C++ parser on hand (using Spirit for instance) so you
could parse the files and create a dependency (directed) graph using the
BGL. In this graph, the files are the nodes and the edges are the #include.
(this problem is so important that it is one of the BGL examples). (Doxygen
already does that)

 From there, a lot could be done using graph theory. For instance:

    - by sorting the nodes by edges number, you can detect which files are
the most often included. In boost, I suppose it would be <boost/config.hpp>
    - since making forward declaration enables to break some edges, could
this algorithm be used to find which dependency could be replaced by a
forward declaration ?

Just thoughts.