From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-17 10:22:32

> As a side-note, the latter tool (which can allow for refactoring, etc.) I
> think should already exist (anyone?).
> Anyway, the tool might be your own fingertips ;) So, since you're gonna do
> refactoring, might as well
> know where... That's my point.

p.s. About the latter tool ;)
Even though I assume it exists, or it will be created, due to the complex
nature
of C++ I think it has/will/always will have bugs.

This is why, by knowing what ***EXACTLY*** what is under development, you
can
- maybe even using your own fingertips - simply modify the code yourself.

Knowing what is under development, and using the
analysis provided by this compilation helper library, you should be able to
do minimal
modifications, so that the chances to get it wrong will also be minimal.
(as opposed to an automation tool, which might optimize too much, and if you
take into
 account the possible bugs it introduces, you'll never use it)

Best,
John