From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-20 18:37:18

Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've created some iterator adaptors using the new iterator adaptor
> library and in general am quite satisfied with the library. However
> I do have some minor issues:
>
> a) If I go into the main documentation page and look for
> iterator adaptors I am directed to the old iterator adaptor documentation.
> This caused me significant confusion

We're working on it, albeit slowly.

> b) it seems all the other libraries have a file "index.html" right
> at the library name in libs directory. Iterator adaptors doesn't have this.

It will. In the meantime, see
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/iterator/doc/.

Of course,
http://boost-consulting.com/boost/libs/iterator/doc/facade-and-adaptor.html
has been altered slightly to match an implementation we haven't
finished yet ;-(

> c) iterator_facade takes among its parameters AccessCategory and
> TransversalCatagory. Nowhere in the documentation is it described
> what are valid values for these parameters. I had to search through
> the header directory to figure out what were valid parameters.

Thanks for pointing that out. We have AccessCategory now, but
TransversalCatagory is still missing.

> d) same issue as c) above for iterator_adaptor regarding Category.

That's fixed now, although the interface has changed noticeably (it
also has separate Access and Traversal category arguments).

FWIW, in the implementation you have, Category is either an old-style
tag, or derived from boost::iterator_tag.

> e) links to headers iterator_traits.hpp, interoperable.hpp,
> iterator_archetypes.hpp, and iterator_concepts.hpp are broken
> in the section describing specialized_adaptors.
> other than the above issues they seem fine.

We'll fix it.

Thanks very much!

--
Dave Abrahams