From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-22 01:58:40

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:37:06PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:
> Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> writes:

[snip]

> You can define a shorthand which associates template parameter names
> (e.g. InputIterator) with specific concept requirements (e.g. "must
> be an input iterator). I think the standard does this, in fact.

This is already done for iterators. I will change it for containers too.

> You can also make some blanket statements about exceptions, like the
> standard does.

string_algo library does not throw any exceptions on its own. Only inherited
types used by algorithms can do it. But, given the fact that most algorithms
are templated, it is not possibly to exactly specify which exception can be thrown.

So wouldn't it be enought to mention this as a one paragraph in docs?

> That leaves you with only preconditions and postconditions, and
> exceptions to the blanket statements about exceptions <g> where
> appropriate.

Is the formal specification of pre/post conditions realy so vital for the
usage of the library? Informal specification is given in paramter and result
descriptions.

Regards,

Pavol