From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-24 03:38:09

These seems acceptable to me, but I would still like to see a large number of
overcommented examples/tests of how they would work in practice. (The examples
should include some that don't work). These would be a most valuable part of the
documentation (a vital part of selling the code to the majority of users who are
novices). And it might reveal some disadvantages that are not yet apparent.

Overall I feel these string handling things are essential and this library will
be acceptable.

A couple of very minor observations:

1 I don't think that abbreviating to 'algo' is in keeping with Boost preference
for clarity over curtness.

2 The suffix should be _copy and _copyto.

Paul

PS I feel this long dialog may be showing a weakness in the review process. I
can (from experience) understand authors' reluctance to put a lot of work into
the documentation (or redoing code) unless one can be sure that the code is
going to be accepted. Do we need to accept a proposal in principle, then have a
revision period, and then finally review and accept as 'official' release
version (1st version anyway)?

Paul A Bristow, Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AB UK
+44 1539 561830 Mobile +44 7714 33 02 04
mailto:pbristow_at_[hidden]