From: Philippe A. Bouchard (philippeb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-24 06:11:26

Gregory Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, Oct 23, 2003, at 22:39 America/Denver, Philippe A.
> Bouchard wrote:
>
>> ... I am going to detach collector_traits.hpp from shifted_ptr<>
>> because it
>> is mainly an external proposal which could also work with
>> shared_ptr<>.
>
> I like this.

This would allow to basically use the same type of smart pointer without
creating yet another one, hide librairies and implementation details from
their derivatives. shared_ptr would be pretty much "dense" in term of
alternatives, but I think it is worth it.

There would be other proposal related to smart pointer I would like to
eventually add also. This would depend on its complexity...

Philippe