From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-25 02:22:38

"Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> I'm sure you know that Dave and Aleksey are busy writing
> one ;)

No, I didn't! That's great!

> > I would say that a perfect language would let you collapse
> > all three libraries together, since this is what I might call
> > "abstraction-level redundancy".
>
> Sounds like Haskell :-)
> [...]

Well, the problem with Haskell is that it's an FP lang. ;) And
the problem with FP langs is that they tend to be a bit
snobbish. And that leads them to be really good at some
things, and mediocre to really awkward at others (for instance,
I haven't seen a convincingly elegant use of OOP in an FP
lang, or a nice alternative). So while I like the idea of
having the same syntax cross domains, I would like to see
this in an MP (multi-paradigm ;) language instead.

Dave

---