From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-26 03:17:19

Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I think the example I gave clearly indicates the advantages of
> imperative template meta-programming. The "functional programming"
> that is done with templates is actually just a subset of the
> functionality that would be possible with an imperative template
> processor. If meta-functions were supported as suggested, and there is
> a real advantage to using functional programming, it could still be
> used, with more elegant syntax in fact.

FWIW, I like the syntax that you presented. Just remove the imperative
flavor, and we are in agreement. I prefer it to be purely functional as it
is now. I won't attempt a rebuttal in fear of this thread going into the
functional vs. imperative war. I'll just let it be... for now... ;)

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com