From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-27 08:24:08

Robert,
I'm somewhat lost about basic oarchieve and common oarchieve classes. For
example, the first provides some interface in form of virtual functions. Yet
I don't know how to use that class, and whether it's indented to be accessed
by users at all.

Personally, I thought it was analoguous to basic_ostream. If a function takes
basic_ostream<char>*, you can pass ofstream* to it, and everything will work.
Before we talked with you about virtual_archieve class, I tried to use
basic_oarchieve as such virtual archieve class.

I think that if no user of your library is supposed to ever directly use
basic_oarchieve, then maybe this class should be in "detail" namespace, or
maybe inheritance from that class should be private, not public. The same
question applies to common_archieve. It seems like it's implementation help,
but it's not marked in code as such.

What do you think?

- Volodya