From: cppljevans_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-10-28 00:18:54

On 10/27/2003 05:21 PM, cppljevans_at_[hidden] wrote:
> On 10/27/2003 01:34 PM, David B. Held wrote:
>
>> The latest version is in the Sandbox now under "latest".
>>
> I'm attempting a policied smart_ptr which can collect cycles.
[snip]
> I've got a prototype, but the it uses a simplified version
> of smart_ptr with just the StoragePolicy (since that's
> I was hoping this arrangement would be compatible with or
[snip]
I think it is compatible. I took more time looking at your
Sandbox code and I think the boost_policies.hpp(shared_storage)
could be copied to, e.g., shared_cyclic_storage with superclass
prox_children<ProxVisitor>::builder_materials::make_recorder
(as in the storage_policy_ptr in the refcount_break_cycles_local.hpp
file which I uploaded earlier in cyclic_smart_ptr.zip).
I'll give it a try tomorrow.