From: cppljevans_at_[hidden]
Date: 2003-10-28 17:18:24

On 10/28/2003 05:00 AM, David B. Held wrote:
[snip]
> Be advised that the Boost policies don't work with the latest
> version yet. That's at the top of my ToDo list.
OK. I again looked at smart_ptr.hpp and noted that
smart_ptr template just had class template parameters
and no template template parameters; yet, boost_policies.hpp
(shared_storage) is a template. Are you planning on making
the parameters templates or leaving them as classes?

I looked for template parameters in smart_ptr.hpp and found the
declarations:

         template <typename> class StoragePolicy = scalar_storage
         template <typename> class OwnershipPolicy = ref_counted,

guarded by

#ifndef BOOST_SMART_POINTER_LEGACY_INTERFACE

However, the shared_storage template class has a reference count;
hence, it seems like it ought to be an OwnershipPolicy since the
above OwnershipPolicy defaults to ref_counted. So should
shared_storage be renamed as shared_ownership?