From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-28 20:21:42

Fernando Cacciola <fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
> Hi Roland,
> H All!
>
> Thanks to reports from Roland, Joel and Peder, I think I have solved the
> regressions with the VC compilers.

Hi Fernando,

I am CCing this to you, because this is urgent. Optional still fails a couple
of tests: VC6: failed updating 2 targets... Borland: failed updating 4 targets...
I am getting worried because of the Nov. 3 deadline for boost 1.31 development,
and I still have lots to do for Spirit which relies on Optional.

> In this update I'm also addressing some issues raised before:
>
> 1) References are now assignable (this was requested by Joel)

Great! Thanks!

> I've tested this with VC7.1
> Unfortunately, since I have quit my old job (I'm freelance now) I'm left
> with VS .NET 2003 only (by now), so I can't test it with any other
> compilers.
> I'll be looking at the compiler status tables.
>
> I need to update the documentation, though, which I will do as soon as I
> finish my second freelance project in about a couple of weeks.

I hope at least the regressions are fixed soon.

Many thanks!

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com