From: david rose (david_r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-10-29 07:02:37

hi,

first of, i´m pretty new to c++ (only done simple stuff so far in school)
but now i´m trying to get started with a little program that doesn´t really
do much...

i want it to search for a specific file in a specific directory and then
copy it to a specific directory, it needs to be command line based.
so executing should look something like this 'find.exe c:/in_dir/ file.txt
c:/copy_to_dir/'
also i want it to work on mac, linux and windows systems

well, after some research i found boost and as far as i know with its
filesystem functions i should be able to accomblish my task (also on all
os´s)

but right now i´m having some problems with installing boost.
i´m using the freecommandlinetools from borland (c++ 5.5)
i´ve set the cfg to point to the boost dir and that all works just fine, but
when trying to compile one of the example files from www.boost.org , i keep
on getting errors

i´ve also tried building the libraries with bjam, but that didn´t really
work either.

what else do i need to do, to get boost working right with the
freecommandlinetools?
also if anybody has any tips or examples on searching a directory or doing
anything else i would need in my program, please feel free to help me out
*g*

ok, hope somebody can help

david