From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn-mycop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-11-01 06:18:20

Eric Friedman wrote:

> To all-
>
> Seeking to extend support of the variant< type-sequence > syntax to all
> platforms, I've returned to the problem of simulating overload
> resolution rules.
>
> In this direction, I have implemented the following type trait, which
> works as follows:
>
> is_better_conversion< From, To1, To2 >
> --> true iff conversion unambiguously prefers To1 over To2
>
> I have previously determined that is_better_conversion is sufficient to
> implement the variant< type-sequence > syntax. Unfortunately, I cannot
> get it to compile on MSVC6 or Borland.
>
> If anyone could help me in this regard (see attached files), it would be
> of great benefit to users of Boost.Variant.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

I see a reference to my (almost forgotten by me) trick in the code. At the
time of writing it (4 Jul 2002) nobody complained. I hope this trick is
standard conformant, isn't it?. May be I'll check this later. The reference
is: http://tinyurl.com/t8hp

--
Alexander Nasonov
Remove minus and all between minus and at from my e-mail for timely response